So your google storage space is also running out :), and now you are looking for some solution to clear your thousands of unwanted emails. If yes that’s what you are looking for, then believe me you are at the right place. In this article, we are showing multiple ways How to delete mails in bulk from Gmail since obviously it’s not feasible to delete a huge number of emails by selecting that one by one. So, here are a few ways to do the same.
Deleting all emails from a specific sender
This action should be taken to clear promotional emails. For example, let’s say we want to remove all emails sent by email@example.com from our mailbox in a Promotions Category mailbox. We will follow the below steps.
1. Open Gmail and go to the Promotions Category mailbox from the left side menu.
2. Click on the Search box at the top and then click on the right-most icon of the search box named “Show Search Options“. and then fill in the mailbox as firstname.lastname@example.org and select “Promotions” in front of the search label. (refer to screenshot)
3. Click on the Search button and it will show all emails in the Promotions box from email@example.com. See the image below, there are more than 100 emails.
4. Now click on select all check box. and then click on “Select all conversations that match this search” refer image below.
5. This will ensure that all emails in this category folder are selected. Now just simply click on the delete button and all emails from “firstname.lastname@example.org“. It will delete all such emails and then finally you can go to the trash folder and click on empty trash and all such spam emails are out of your mailbox.
Deleting all emails from a category folder
Let’s say we want to remove all emails from the Promotions category. Then for this first click on the search box and type “category: Promotions” and hit enter. This will now show all mails of this category folder now just follow steps 4 and step 5 from the previous section.
Deleting all emails from a category folder older than 1 year
Let’s say we want to remove all emails which are older than 1 year. Then for this first click on the search box and type “category: promotions older_than:1y” and hit enter. This will now show all mails of this category folder now just follow steps 4 and 5 from the previous section. Be very cautious, before taking any extreme steps.
Deleting all emails from the inbox
This option is very dangerous, you will lose all your emails. For this, we just need to follow steps 4 and step 5 without putting in any filter and it will wipe out all the emails from the main inbox. If you are sure that you do not need them then you clear all those from your Trash folder as well.
Creating an auto deletion trigger for unwanted emails from a specific sender.
Click on show search options in Search Box and fill in the email address of that sender and then click on Create Filter Button.
Once you have clicked on create filter a new window will open just select “Delete it” and then click on Create Filter button. This will create a filter, which will make sure that any mail coming from mentioned email address. will never be visible in Inbox. mail will directly land in the Trash and from there it will disappear after the cooling period. These are different ways through which we can find out how to delete all gmail emails at once on computer.
Modifying specific auto deletion/movement triggers
Now you have understood how you have created a filter. What if you want to make changes to that trigger:
Click on the Settings Icon on the Gmail page and then select “see all settings” further on the new page click on “Filters and Blocked Addresses”. here you can easily make changes. It will be visible like the below image and anyone interested can easily make changes in these filters.
Disclaimer – Let me give a small disclaimer here, mentioned ways worked for me, but I am not claiming that they will work for you as well. Also just to mention, if there is any kind of damage happens to you, because of any mail deletion, fin-tech-tales will not be responsible for this.
Read more related to technology here.